When you're the son of a grocer, you know that fresh food is the best.
Alex Harb, whose father owned a grocery store in Lebanon, opened Meddys in September 2014, bringing a new fast-casual dining option for
Mediterranean food to Wichita. It immediately became a hit. Here are just a few of our accolades:
- Meddys Beef Shawarma named sandwich of the year by December 2014.
- Meddys voted a Wichita favorite in September 2015 by Wichita Eagle readers.
- Meddys Fattoush Salad voted the best in Wichita in October 2015.
- Meddys is one of 50 Wichita Restaurants You Should Try, The Wichita Eagle's 2016 Dining with Denise guide.
- Meddys was voted The Best Hummus of 2017 in both the Wichita Business Journal and Wichita Eagle Reader's Choice contest.
At Meddys -- a sort of nickname for the Mediterranean -- the menu may be simple, but it's simply delicious, healthy food, prepared fresh
daily and offered to customers at reasonable prices. We don't even have a microwave on our premises.
"I didn't invent the wheel," says Alex. "I went with original recipes for food items I grew up eating." Meddys even
roasts its meats on a traditional rotating spit for more authentic flavor.
With our executive chef Mona Youssef, a longtime caterer who joined our kitchen in late 2015, we have added even more home-style
Meddys completed construction on its second location in 2016.